Monday, August 2, 2010

Newport Folk Festival | Positive Vibration

It's Monday morning following Newport Folk and we're all feeling the musical love that was filling the air all weekend long at Fort Adams State Park, and on Friday night at The Tennis Hall Of Fame. You couldn't ask for better weather and all festival goers know that the warm and sunny totally trumps sweltering and steamy or rainy and muddy.

There were so many amazing musical performances that it's a challenge to pick the highlights. There were some sets that totally knocked me out. Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings was the absolute top for me, and I bet for many others. The place went wild during her set! I couldn't stop dancing as I watched from the back of the field in front of the main stage. At one point I found myself jumping up and down. It's been awhile since that happened.

Andrew Bird, John Prine, Brandi Carlile, Horse Feathers, Dawes, Swell Season and Levon Helm were my other favorites, but EVERYBODY was great and once again the folks at Newport Folk outdid themselves on all fronts. The quality of the artist line-up, the sound, and the overall experience of being at the festival was absolutely top notch and that's what Newport delivers year after year. Listen to music from the festival here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment